What I need to rent a car?

All renters must present a valid driver’s license and identification card or passport. In addition, you must have a credit card with space available for USD 800.

Do I need a credit card to lease (rent) a vehicle?

Yes, to lease a vehicle, you must have a bank credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club or American Express) with a quota available for USD 800.

Can I leave a check or cash as collateral?

No, we only accept credit cards as collateral.

What kind of insurance is included?

The standard insurance (included in rates) covers own damage, theft and damage to third parties in Chile. Equivalent to USD 800 deductible will be applied in case of damage or leased vehicle thefts occur. The insurance includes roadside assistance 24 hours anywhere in the country. Standard insurance is mandatory.

What are the hours?

Our Central Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 19:00 continued and Saturdays from 9:00 to 14:00 hours. Tobalaba office is open from Monday to Sunday from 9 to 19 hrs.

Is it possible to remove or return a vehicle outside office hours?

Yes, you can schedule a delivery or return outside office hours at an additional charge. Collection / return between 20:00 and 08:59 hours is a charge for out of hours CLP 24,000. Delivery or return at any time, day holiday is a charge for after hours of CLP 30,000. Delivery or return after hours must be contracted with a minimum of 24 hours.

Can I drive in Chile under license from my country or I need an international license?

You can drive in Chile with a valid license from your home country, you do not need an international license.

Can I travel to Argentina on a leased vehicle?

Yes, it is possible to travel to Argentina in a vehicle. However, you must obtain a special additional insurance, we process for you at an additional charge permission. Please indicate that you wish to travel to Argentina to make your reservation.

Can I travel to Peru or Bolivia on a leased vehicle?

Unfortunately, Chilean insurance not covered in Peru or Bolivia, so it is not possible to enter these countries on a leased vehicle. (See Table additional services)

Can I return the vehicle abroad?

No, the vehicle must be taken in Chile and returned to Chile.

Can I lease the vehicle in a city and return it in another?

Yes you can, but there is an additional charge for distance. This depends on the mileage between cities. (See additional services).

Does allow additional drivers?

Yes, up to two additional drivers at no cost allowed. The additional driver must meet the minimum age requirement and present their valid driver’s license, identity card, passport or ID.

How do I make a reservation?

You can make reservations through our website or by calling 7790609 to 7798545 or 09/4344906

What do I need to cancel my reservation?

You must notify us at least 72 hours in advance to avoid charges.

What happens if I have an accident?

To give effect to the coverage offered by ALAMEDA RENT A CAR, the driver of the leased vehicle, you should report the incident and record what happened at the station closest to the scene police and subsequently inform ALAMEDA RANT A CAR on a period not exceeding 24 hours of the incident.

What happens if I have an accident outside Chile?

Once you have ordered and canceled the respective permit abroad being covered abroad (Argentina)

Foreigners must cancel IVA tax (19%)?

Yes. According to the foreign law in Chile, Chilean and must pay IVA on car rentals.


Avda. Libertador Bernardo O Higgins 4709, Metro Ecuador, Santiago

Nueva Providencia 2600, Metro Tobalaba, Santiago

Tobalaba: (+56) 2 2233 1419


Sucursal Tobalaba:
Lunes a Viernes 9 a 19hrs
Sábado 9 a 14hrs

Sucursal Alameda:
Lunes a Viernes 8:30 a 19hrs
Sábado 9 a 14hrs